Affirmations are short, simple yet powerful statements that help to assert something to be true in your subconscious mind (sort of like making your sub-conscious thoughts, conscious). Using positive affirmations on a daily basis can really transform your life. Every morning, as I get up early, I write in my gratitude journal, I use my affirmations and start every single day on a happy, positive note.
Affirmations can change the mindset and activate the law of attraction. They can help you overcome negative self talk, and they can improve your state of mind body health. You can use positive affirmations to change your thought patterns and to avoid negative thoughts.
Re-programming your thought patterns isn’t easy and at the beginning, it might even feel a little weird- especially if you’re a life-long complainer like I used to be. But the more positive thoughts, things, and people you introduce to your life, the better life gets.
Why practice daily Affirmations?
- Self-affirmations help us cope with events that threaten our integrity, performance, and personal growth;
- They are most often all about rethinking our core personal values;
- Timely affirmations can help improve education, health, relationship outcomes;
- The benefits can persist for months or even years;
- Lasting benefits can be reached once they touch off a cycle of adaptive potential and positive loop of feedback between the self and the social system.
How to Create Affirmative Statements
There are no specific rules on how to create your daily affirmations, except to be specific, positive, and creative. However, there are some guidelines that you might find useful.
- Think about the things you don’t like about yourself, the things that you’d like to work on. Write them down.
- Make sure that your plans are realistic and achievable. If it’s not possible to believe in them—it won’t be possible to achieve them.
- If you want your positive affirmations to really work, you need to say them with feeling. If you don’t care about them, they won’t work. If you believe in them, and they touch you deeply, there’s a lot more chance for them to work!
My TOP 3 Affirmations are:
- I AM UNIQUE, NOTHING CAN REPLACE ME– because you should never think that you are not good enough. Remember that everyone has something unique to offer and realize just how special you are. You are a unique gift to this world.
- I RELEASE ALL FEAR FROM MY LIFE– because the only way to grow is to let go of fear and do things that scare you a little.
- I LOVE MYSELF– because it’s the most important thing that you can do for yourself. How different do you think your life would be if you were madly in love with yourself? If you loved every single thing about yourself? I’m not talking about conceit, but acceptance, love, confidence, being comfortable with yourself. Think about it.
Some other beautiful affirmations that you can daily practice are:
- I bring happiness to other people by being who I am
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I love who I am and who I’m about to become.
- My contributions to this world make it a better place.
- I accept my body the way it is.
- I always do my best.
- I am unique.
- I am capable of learning a lot.
- I am an important and valuable person.
- I always help others.
- I am brave and responsible.
- I am safe and calm. Everything in my world is just the way it should be.
- I am consistent with what I say and do.
- I trust myself.
- I’ve come this far in life and I’m proud of myself.
- I believe in myself and will always keep going.
- I am resilient.
- I can handle all of my problems at work with my expertise.
Remember, your brain is a creature of habit, always looking for instructions, and is eager to set you up for success – all you have to do is instruct it in a language it understands, and keep repeating it. This is why positive affirmations are so powerful and consequently uncover the secret to positive thinking.
P.S. Try a Reiki Healing Session- it will transform your life!