Are you among those who pop a pill every time you experience some pain?
Your body can throw you for a loop at any time. You wake up with a sore throat the day you’re set to make a major presentation, a seafood-salad sandwich leaves you with grumbling indigestion, or you overdo it at the gym and arrive home with a stiff neck.
Well, it’s time you turn to your kitchen. There are so many natural remedies available that can be utilized for your overall well being.
Check out some amazing home remedies that you can try:
- Menstrual pain: Mix the juice of 2-3 lemons in cold water and have it every day for relief.
- Chronic headache: Peel and chop apple. Dash some salt and have it the first thing in the morning.
- Flatulence: Mix about 1/4th spoon of baking soda in water and drink for relief.
- Sore throat: Boil 2-3 basil leaves in water and let it boil on low flame till the juice of the leaf is extracted. You can use the liquid for gargle.
- Mouth ulcers: Ripe banana with honey offer instant relief. This can be turned into a paste and applied on affected areas.
- Sinus congestion: Mix organic apple cider vinegar with a pinch of cayenne pepper powder in less than half a cup of hot water. Have it while it is warm atleast twice a day.
- High BP: Have amla with milk daily is believed to lower blood pressure. This should ideally be taken early in the morning.
- Asthma: Mix one tablespoon of honey with half tablespoon cinnamon. Have it at bedtime.
- Dandruff: Mix camphor with coconut oil. You can apply this every night before going to sleep.
- Premature graying of hair: Dry amlas and cut boil in coconut oil till the amla pieces turn like charred dust. Massage it daily on the skin.
- Dark circles: Mix orange juice with glycerine to lighten the dark circles.
My Favourite Recipe for fighting Coughs and Colds:
Turmeric with Honey, Milk and Black Pepper Drink:
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant and come with anti-inflammatory properties that help to get you rid of a number of health problems, especially ailments of the respiratory system.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and add this to a cup of hot milk
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey and a pinch of black pepper to the mixture
- Stir the mixture well and drink it hot.
Best timing to have this drink is at bedtime.
Enjoy the natural healing!