The word “yoga” comes from the Sanskrit root “yuj”, which means “to yoke” the spirit and physical body together. Yoga has evolved over thousands of years to embrace a wide range of styles and disciplines.Yoga is a popular activity for athletes, children, and seniors. Yoga can be modified to suit all levels of fitness. Yoga has been proven to lower blood pressure and increases strength and flexibility. Yoga energizes our bodies and calms our minds.
I was introduced to “yoga” as a child in the Mumbai city, India.My mother was a big yoga influence in my as life as she used to regularly practice yoga.
After teaching Hatha yoga for many years, I realized that many of my clients suffered from yoga injuries.I decided to merge the strengthening and flexibilty components together in my classes.
I started teaching a yoga personal training group class called “Fit Yoga”.A typical Fit-Yoga class usually has 6 students only.In this 45 minutes class, there is easy to do hatha yoga postures, core-strength and conditioning exercises, breathing techiniques and meditations taught.I am truly happy to say that all my Fit Yoga students have shown amazing benefits towards a more balanced mind and body,
Fit-Yoga doesn’t just change you outwardly—it transforms you from the inside out.
Here are six reasons why you should grab your yoga mat and join a Fit-Yoga class:
- To build strength (a strong body is a happy body!)-Yoga increases your core strength through its various movements and poses.
- To increase flexibility-Flexibility is important in avoiding injury and soreness from physical activity. Yoga workouts help you reduce muscle tension and boost dexterity.
- To improve your mood–Physical activity has shown to have positive effects on mood, and doing yoga can provide the entire body with a workout.
- To reduce your cortisol levels–Cortisol is a hormone produced by the adrenal gland in response to feeling stressed or anxious, and high levels can take a toll on the body. The physical activity and mental relaxation yoga provides can help you to live with less stress.
- To unify your body and mind–Yoga guides you toward making choices that benefit you physically and mentally, and reach goals of lasting wellness.
–Karma and service are cornerstones of yoga; when you participate in them we can feel better about ourselves, and our world.