If you’re among those who wake up in the morning feeling grumpy and tired, here’s what you need to do, to stay energetic throughout the day…
- If you think smiling when you wake up is cheesy, think again. Experts say when you smile, it sends reassuring positive signals to your brain and subsequently, you begin the day in a good mood. Thinking about something that makes you happy is another good way to begin your day.
- Do you always go through your morning routine in a tearing hurry? Well, make it a point to spend a few minutes every morning , doing absolutely nothing. It could be standing in your balcony or near a window. It could be simply sitting and enjoying a few moments with yourself. Watch the sunrise, and breathe in the fresh air. Think of something good and positive that brings a smile to your face.
- Can’t stop yourself from reaching out for that cup of coffee? Do yourself a favour and have water instead. Not only will water help clear out your system, it will also help metabolise the fat content in your body, which makes you feel lethargic in the morning.
- Stretch yourself out when you wake up. And by that, we don’t just mean in bed. Stretching and a bit of exercise will help awaken your muscles and kick-start your day.
- Make sure that your breakfast is filled with healthy items. Include fruits, cereals, eggs, juices, muesli, nuts, honey and smoothies since these are low in calories and packed with energy.
- While relying on memory for your daily tasks is fine, ensure that you don’t miss out on anything by keeping a task diary. Whether they are errands or goals you want to accomplish — this diary needs to have it all. And go through this book in the morning.
- Listen to music. Playing your favourite songs or listening to the radio in the morning is a great stress-buster and a nice way to start your day.
Enjoy your mornings…have a nice day..everytime !
Email Manali at [email protected] to schedule a first free 30 minutes session to help you create balance in your lifestyle.
Manali is a Certified Lifestyle Coach with over 20 years of work experience and has helped many people establish the mind and body connection and balance in their lives.