- Onion helps detoxify your body naturally.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic and helps to promote sweating–which is very important if you are experiencing cold-and-flu-like symptoms.
- Ginger is antiviral, anti-inflammatory, a natural circulatory stimulant, a powerful decongestant and it has been found to be effective against human respiratory virus.
- Kombu and other sea vegetables are rich in minerals and help to strengthen the blood.
- Parsley is a blood purifier, helps kill bacteria in the body and is high in vitamin C and iron
- Raw, organic ,unfiltered apple cider vinegar is a powerful weapon in the fight against cold and flu symptoms because it is rich in enzymes and potassium, helps to reduce sinus infections and sore throats, promotes good digestion and helps to regulate elimination.Vinegar has infection-fighting properties and supports a healthy immune system.
Immune Boosting Soup Recipe:
6-10 cloves of organic garlic
6 large yellow and red organic onions
6 stalks of organic celery
A large handful of organic parsley
3-4 organic carrots
1 strip Kombu seaweed
1/2 cup of organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Celtic or Himalyan Sea Salt to taste
3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
10 cups of filtered or spring water
2 tablespoons organic cold-pressed olive oil (optional)
Add the water to a large soup pot.
Peel and chop the garlic and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
Peel and wash the vegetables.
Chop the onions, celery, carrots and parsley.
Soak kombu 3-5 minutes, slice in half, then slice diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
Add the kombu, sea salt and apple cider vinegar.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for at least an hour.
(I usually sprinkle in red pepper flakes after the soup is done.If using olive oil, I also prefer to add olive oil after the soup is cooked.)
Other potent ingredients that I sometimes like to add include:
*Fresh lemon juice