Lemon is an inexpensive, easily available citrus fruit, popular for its culinary and medicinal uses. It is used to prepare a variety of food recipes such as lemon cakes, lemon chicken and beverages like lemonade and lemon-flavored drinks. It is also used for garnishing. Lemon juice consists of about 5% citric acid that gives a tart taste to lemon. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. It also contains vitamins like vitamin B, riboflavin and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium as well as proteins and carbohydrates. Lemon is generally consumed in the form of lemon juice or lemon water. Lemon water makes a healthy drink, when taken in the morning. Daily consumption of lemon water provides a number of health benefits.
Lemon water is rich in several essential nutrients. It is known to have antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-aging, anti-fatigue and anti-inflammatory properties. It boosts immune system, improves digestion and maintains overall health. It can be used to treat various health conditions and prevent infections. Traditional Chinese Medicine suggests that you begin your day with refreshing lemon water.
- Lemon water is the best source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It removes harmful, free radicals from the body and improves immune system. Lemon water also acts as a blood purifier.
- Lemon water is used to prevent and treat different infections as well as to control allergies. Due to its antiseptic properties, it is effective in healing wounds. Lemon water is helpful in relieving symptoms of sore throat, tonsillitis or asthma.
- Lemon water plays an important role in maintaining digestive health. It boosts metabolism and improves functioning of the digestive system and prevents various digestive problems like constipation, indigestion, nausea, heartburn and parasites. It also helps dissolve gallstones.
- Lemon water is effective in body cleansing and detoxification. It maintains good health by eliminating harmful toxins from the body.
- Another important benefit of lemon water is that it strengthens the liver functioning and stimulates it to produce more enzymes essential for different body processes. A well-functioning liver is the key to a healthy body.
- Since lemon water has a diuretic effect, it is beneficial for people with urinary tract infections. Lemon water is helpful in treating arthritis and rheumatism.
- Daily consumption of warm lemon water is one of the effective remedies to get rid of obesity and belly fat.
- Lemon water is one of the most effective regimens for skin care and hair care. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It rejuvenates the skin and gives a clear, radiant and glowing complexion. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for acne control. It can also be used to treat various skin diseases like eczema. Application of lemon juice on the skin is effective in preventing sunburn. If you apply lemon water to your hair for a few minutes and then rinse with water, it will make your hair clean and shining.
- Lemon juice, if externally applied on the nostrils, can help stop nosebleeds and control bleeding gums, when massaged onto the gums. Lemon juice combined with glycerin is effective to heal chapped lips.
Start your day in a healthy way with energizing lemon water. Nutrient-rich lemon water rejuvenates your body and improves overall
If you want to know more about natural body cleansing, give us a call at 613-276-3996 to book an appointment for a first free consult.
Manali Haridas, the Owner and Founder of Zen for You, is a Certified Nutritionist & Fitness Trainer and a Certified Yoga & Reiki Consultant with more than 18 years experience in the field of Clinical, Sports and Holistic Nutrition and Fitness.