Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID’s) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home Remedies For Acidity
- If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief.
- For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
- Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
- Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
- Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
- Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
- If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
- The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
- Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
- If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
- If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
- Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
- If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.