Learning to Listen to Your Intuitions
Intuition involves trusting the collection of all your subconscious experiences. It draws on everything you’ve experienced for all the years you’ve been alive, which means it’s constantly growing and evolving.
Intuition can be developed as a decision-making skill. To refine your sensitivity to gut instincts and intuitive nudges, it’s critical to make space for intuition to grow — and to practice techniques to pay more attention to it.
Some people are born with great intuitive abilities. There’s evidence that women, in particular, have strong intuition because (from an evolutionary perspective) they needed a strong sense of awareness to protect their children from danger.
Intuitive abilities can also be affected by experiences that occur during periods of emotional growth. If someone experiences a traumatic childhood, it’s likely that they’ll experience excessive doubt and squash their inner voice out of self-protection. They might need to learn to trust their intuition again.
Here are 5 tips for learning to listen to your own intuition:
1. If you have a feeling that something is wrong, then 98% of the time there is something wrong. You can either do something about it or pray about it. The choice is yours.
2. When you are in a negative situation, and you do not know what to do, take a deep breath, close your eyes and count to 5. You know what’s best for you just listen to your gut, it will not lead you down the wrong path.
3. Trust yourself. We often instill trust in those we love, but we fail to trust ourselves. Trust is one of the most valued things in life, as long as you trust yourself to make a decision. Our loved ones want what’s best for us, but only you know what’s truly best for you.
4. Learning to let go of the things you cannot control. If you let go of what you cannot change, you are allowing your body, mind, and soul to move forward towards a healthier future.
5. Looking for signs is the universe’s way of letting your intuition speak to you. I truly believe that there are certain things that happen in life to guide us in the right direction. It’s a way for our subconscious to communicate the wants and needs of our heart.
Once you begin to listen to your intuition, you will start to see doors opening that you never sought before. Out of my own personal experience, I can say I am in a place I never thought I would be. Every moment in my life has led me to the person I am today. Learning to listen to my intuition has taught me that it’s OK to say no, and it’s OK to not be perfect in a society that is known to be perfect. I am perfectly happy with being flawed. I am happy with who I am and with the mistakes I have made because, without them, I would not be the woman I am today.