Why is Being Present Minded Important?
Being present minded is the key to staying healthy and happy. It helps you fight anxiety, cut down on your worrying and rumination, and keeps you grounded and connected to yourself and everything around you.
Ideas for staying in your present moments:
- Think about the past in small doses, and make sure you are focusing on the past for a reason (e.g., to relive a pleasant experience, identify where you went wrong, or figure out the key to a past success).
- Think about the future in small doses, and make sure you are focusing on the future in a healthy, low-anxiety way (e.g., don’t spend time worrying about the future, think about the future just long enough to prepare for it and then move on).
- Stay in the present moment for the vast majority of your time.
How do you focus in the present moment?
1. Remove unneeded possessions: Minimalism forces you to live in the present.
2. Smile : Each day is full of endless possibilities! Start it with a smile.
3. Fully appreciate the moments of today: Soak in as much of today as you possibly can – the sights, the sounds, the smells, the emotions, the triumph, and the sorrow.
4. Forgive past hurts: Let go and choose to be present in the moment instead.
5. Dream about the future, but work hard today: Dream big. Set goals and plans for the future. But working hard today is always the first step towards realizing your dreams tomorrow.
6. Don’t dwell on past accomplishments: If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven’t done much today.
Some additional tips for you to enjoy your present moments:
- Focus on what’s right in front of you.
- Focus on your breathing
- Focus on your inner child/ energies/ chakras
- Surrender to your emotions; stop resisting
- Be grateful for your life each and every day
Learning how to live in the present moment is an essential ingredient in a happy life. If you can only live one moment at a time, you might as well make it the present.