Coconut oil is the new hot trend these days for all the right reasons—it’s super easy to incorporate into your meals or use on your skin and does wonders for the body. There are endless benefits to incorporating coconut oil into your daily routine.
Here are a few top reasons to start using it as soon as possible!
Stress is common—almost too common—in the world, and is often the common factor when we get sick, pimples, or just aren’t feeling like our usual selves. Applying and massaging coconut oil to the head helps eliminate stress and even ailments as simple as a headache.
Burns Fat and Increases Energy
The new year is just around the corner, and one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is to lose weight. Coconut oil can help you with that particular goal. Coconut oil is made up of medium-chain fatty acids that work in favor of weight loss. It also eliminates the desire to eat, which can help you stay in shape. Incorporating coconut oil into your daily routine also speeds up your metabolism by decreasing the stress on your pancreas, which then burns more energy and increases the rate of weight loss.
Takes Care of Your Skin
Finding the right lotion for your skin type is tough—some lotions end up drying the skin rather than moisturizing it. However, coconut oil, with its inherent antioxidant properties, is already composed of key ingredients needed to make moisturizing lotion, along with other hygienic products such as soap and creams.
Increases Hair Growth
If you ever wish your hair could grow faster, coconut oil is the perfect answer to solving this ongoing predicament. It helps grow healthy hair at a faster rate than normal hair while also making your hair shiny. Coconut oil is mainly used topically and is actually.
Coconut oil is mainly used topically and is actually the main component in many dandruff-treating shampoos and conditioners. For dry hair, you can massage the scalp with coconut oil regularly to get rid of dandruff flakes and even prevent lice. Coconut oil also helps repair and protect damaged hair.
Can be Used as Cooking Oil
Besides these other great benefits, the great thing about coconut oil is how it’s even used as a substitute for cooking oil. There’s often nothing worse than getting stomach-related digestive issues—putting coconut oil in your food helps your body digest foods more easily because it contains medium-chain triglycerides (also known as MCTs).
Strengthens Your Immune System
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, capric acid, and antimicrobial lipids, which all have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. These components make it easier for the human body to fight against viruses and also strengthens the bones in the body. As we get older, and our bones become weaker, coconut oil works to protect the body. It also contains minerals such as calcium and magnesium, which can prevent tooth decay, help strengthen your teeth, and keep you at your best.
Here are three simple and healthy recipes incorporating coconut oil into your daily health plan:
1. Coconut Oil Morning Smoothie:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Handful of berries (blueberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Blend coconut milk, banana, coconut oil, and berries until smooth.
- Add chia seeds and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour into a glass, add ice if desired, and enjoy this nutrient-packed smoothie to kickstart your day.
2. Garlic-Lemon Coconut Oil Roasted Vegetables:
- Assorted vegetables (broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme) for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix melted coconut oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve as a flavorful side dish.
3. Coconut Turmeric Golden Milk:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup)
- Optional: ginger slices
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, and ginger if using.
- Stir well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a mug, add sweetener to taste, and enjoy this soothing coconut turmeric golden milk.
These recipes not only add a delicious touch to your daily meals but also harness the health benefits of coconut oil for a well-rounded approach to your nutrition.
Start using this amazing today from today in your lifestyle!
Need help with your lifestyle, eating healthy and losing fat %?
Email me [email protected] or book online your first free 20 minutes session to create a plan for your lifestyle transformation today!