Besides destroying your health, and consequently beauty, here’s a news flash: fake food depletes your energy. The cookies, cakes, candy, ice cream, energy drinks, coffee, soda, and packaged or processed foods have got to go! I also consider most all packaged things junk, including faux “health foods” like protein bars, which contain a bevy of ingredients that are actually hard for your body to digest and assimilate. These things may give you an immediate boost when your energy starts to lag, but they’re not doing your body any favors.
What you really need are foods that are packed with anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants, potassium, water, and fiber, but low in calories and sodium. They’ll immediately get your mind and body back on the healthy track as they hydrate you and flood your body with nutrients to help to neutralize damaging particles while flushing out bloating culprits, like salt.
Below are the top 3 things you can start asap to feel good:
- Cut out sugar and artificial sweeteners for a week. The goal is to reset your “sweet” taste buds. By limiting very sweet flavors your taste buds will “reset” themselves as they lower their perception of sweetness. Steer away from sugary drinks, snacks, and treats. Allow fruit to satisfy your sweet tooth—and you’ll be amazed by how well it works!
- Cut out alcohol. Although generally, a glass of wine can be healthy, while you are cleansing your body, we suggest avoiding it. Not only does it provide calories without nutrients but during the cleanse you’ll be restoring your liver and asking it to detoxify alcohol gives it an extra burden.
- Drink more water.60% of the human body is water. Needless to say, water is crucial to your health. It has SO many benefits for our health and wellbeing!
Here are some more tips to get back to your optimal recharged health:
- Cut out all the processed, refined junk.
- Sweep those toxins out– Do a natural holistic detox for at least 2-3 weeks to cleanse your system. If you need help to start your detox, read more here!
- Give yourself a natural boost– Try a morning power smoothie. When you need a pick-me-up, there are ways to give yourself a natural boost. Add fresh vegetables and fruits to your smoothie.
- Don’t forget mindfulness– Our body needs a relaxed stress-free mind for staying healthy.
- Practice meditation and yoga- Try a Reiki healing session; it helps to fire up and cleanse your inner system. Book your Reiki session here!
- Take a walk– Exercise is also important, but it doesn’t have to mean hours at the gym or regular yoga classes (even though both of those are great things to do). If you feel like you need to wake up your body a little bit and get the blood flowing, take a quick walk around the block or through your local park. The movement and fresh air will leave you feeling recharged and re-motivated.
- Take a nap– Most of us don’t get enough sleep. If you do, that’s great! But if you’re feeling a little physically run down, take a nap. It’s not lazy, I promise! A quick nap can definitely recharge your body and give you more energy.
- Take a warm bath.
- Use an exfoliating scrub
- Get more sleep
- Get regular rest
Let’s remind ourselves that to recharge our body daily discipline is important.
Mind and body go hand-in-hand. Try staying calm, take deep breathes and eat healthier.
Love and light