Is happiness a choice? Yes!
Happiness is a choice. For every minute you are angry or irritated, you lose 60 seconds of happiness. Be happy. Be yourself. If others don’t like it, then let them be. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.
No one else is allowed to set up limits for you, but you, nor there should be. So the only thing standing in your way towards happiness is you. You deserve to be happy. No matter what kind of problems you are dealing with, how old you are or wherever you live, it’s time to face the fact that you’re in control of your future, and finally do something about it. If you want to be truly happy, you need to give up a few things.
What is the true key to happiness?
As Sadhguru explains beautifully; “When do you really feel well in your life? When you’re really happy, you’re well. Even if you’re physically ill you’re still well. Isn’t it? Fundamentally,
well-being means a certain level joyfulness, a certain exuberance of life. What is happiness? We can say happiness is this or that, but in terms of life, your life energies are happening in a more exuberant way than it normally happens. Depression means your life energies have become in a very low state. Happiness means your life energies are exuberant. Everybody has been happy, but the problem is they’re not able to maintain it. All this effort of life, everything that you did—education, career, business, family, whatever you did—was in pursuit of happiness. Everything that humanity has done on this planet is in pursuit of happiness.”
Tips for tapping into daily joy & happiness:
Embrace one new action item, practice all of them, or simply use them as inspiration to discover your own.
- Count your blessings. Happy people choose to focus on the positive aspects of life rather than the negative.
- Choose to be the best YOU can be. – Give it your all in everything you do, commit to your goals, and don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
- Choose to be the best YOU can be– Give it your all in everything you do, commit to your goals, and don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
- Choose Self-Care – Taking care of your body is crucial to being the happiest person you can be. If you don’t have your physical energy in good shape, then your mental energy (your focus), your emotional energy (your feelings), and your spiritual energy (your purpose) will all be negatively affected.
- Practice smiling more-Studies indicate that our facial expression can influence our brain in just the same way our brains influence our face.
- Power of daily affirmations– Affirmations used daily can release stress, build confidence, and improve outlook.
- Notice your negative self-talk – It’s time to notice how much we complaint, time to reset and start talking more positively with ourselves.
- Self-Discipline. Embrace and practice at least one act of self-discipline each day. This could be exercise, budgeting, or guided-learning… whatever your life needs today to continue growing. Find it. Practice it. Celebrate it.
Check out my Plant Your Roots coaching series; has helped a lot of people globally for installing self- discipline and motivation.
- Meditate. Use meditation to search inward, connect spiritually, and improve your happiness today.
And remember, your mind is your private sanctuary; do not allow the negative beliefs of others to occupy it. Your skin is your barrier; do not allow others to get under it. Take control of your boundaries and what you allow yourself to absorb from others.
Never let someone’s opinion become your reality. Never sacrifice who you are because someone else has a problem with it. Love who you are inside and out. No one else has the power to make you feel small unless you give them that power. You are the only one who can create your happiness.
The choice is yours. Choose happiness.