The main benefits of colon cleansing are mentioned below:
- Improving the digestive system – When the colon is cleansed, it pushes out the undigested waste from the system and improves digestion.
- Helps in prevention of constipation – Constipation is chronic and can cause a sluggish response in digestion, which in turn leaves the wastes in the system for a longer time.
- Increase of energy – When toxins are released from the body one feels rejuvenated as energy is refocused from forcing wastes through the intestines and from other parts of the body.
- Increasing the absorption of vitamins and nutrients – When the colon is detoxified, it allows the essential nutrients to be filtered into the bloodstream.
- Improving concentration – When one has ineffective vitamin absorption and a poor diet they are often distracted and lose their concentration.
- Kick-starts fat loss – With the help of colon cleansing weight loss is aided greatly and one can lose upto 20 pounds in a month.
- Colon cancer risks are decreased – Most of the toxins we eat, breathe in or drink are absorbed and processed by the gastrointestinal system including the liver. They need to be forced out from the colon and the liver as quickly as possible or the body system is affected.
- Fertility increase – When one increases their fiber intake and healthy food diet, colon cleansing is done more regularly and that helps to rid the body of unwanted toxins and chemicals which can affect the health of the sperm and the egg.
- PH balance is maintained – Food that block out the colon is acid forming and that throws the pH levels out of balance.
- Improving the feeling of well being – When the colon is rid of toxins and wastes that in turn leads to strength, a feeling of lightness and a general feel good factor.
Colon cleansing is important for the system as well as for the skin. When the impurities are removed from the body it enhances the beauty of the outer skin. When the colon does not function properly, one may suffer from different digestive problems and ailments. Food that consists of fiber and are soluble will aid in digestion and to fight constipation. The colon cleansing food items need to be added to one’s diet.
Top ten foods that help to cleanse the colon are:
1. Lemon : Citrus fruits like lemon are good for cleansing the system. A glass of lemon juice every morning will help to detoxify and cleanse the system.
2. Spinach : Consuming green leafy vegetables like spinach will help to clean the colon and protect the digestive tract from different ailments.
3. Broccoli Sprouts: These are known to be beneficial for cleansing the liver and aiding in digestion along with cleansing the colon.
4. Fruit Juices: One needs to make fruit juices a part of their daily diet as it helps in cleansing the colon with their rich content of fiber, enzyme and cleansing salts.
5. Garlic: This spice is not only heart healthy but this pungent ingredient in most dishes is beneficial for cleansing the colon.
6. Fish : Unlike animal meat, fish meat is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other essential oils that help to cleanse the system and improve digestion.
7. Avocado: This beneficial fruit is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and oils that help to lubricate the walls of the intestines. That in turn prevents the toxins from sticking to the walls and they get flushed out.
8. Whole Grains: Whole grain food items like bread, pasta and flour are rich in fiber, low in calories and cholesterol. They enable colon cleaning and aid in better digestion. Lentils and kidney beans are known to aid digestion and cleanse the colon for which they need to be made part of one’s diet.
10. Green Tea: If you wish to detox your liver as well as lose weight, you need to consume green tea.
Email Manali at [email protected] to try a Reiki or Lifestyle Tune-up session to experience complete relaxation and balance.
Manali is a Spiritual Wellness Coach with over 20 years of work experience and has helped many people establish the mind and body connection and balance in their lives.