We all think eating chocolate can be sinful but making chocolate a healthy indulgence is the emerging trend by fitness experts. Most of us do not have the knowledge of the health benefits of having chocolates. Just like strawberries and green tea, cocoa and chocolate have numerous positive effects on the human body. Chocolates are a part of the cocoa plant and this is the reason these are full of natural ingredients.
Let’s have a look at how to make chocolate a healthy indulgence:
- Having dark chocolate helps in fighting wrinkles:
Due to the antioxidant content, it helps in the prevention of premature ageing. It also improves several cardiovascular problems.
- Helps fights Cancer: Eating it at least thrice a week cuts the risk of having cancer by 31%.
- Good for Your Heart :Studies show that eating a small amount of dark chocolate two or three times each week can help lower your blood pressure. Dark chocolate improves blood flow and may help prevent the formation of blood clots. Eating dark chocolate may also prevent arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- Good for the brain: Dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain as well as to the heart, so it can help improve cognitive function. Dark chocolate also helps reduce your risk of stroke.
- Great for tooth enamel: Dark chocolate contains theobromine, which has been shown to harden tooth enamel. That means that dark chocolate, unlike most other sweets, lowers your risk of getting cavities if you practice proper dental hygiene.
Eating Dark Chocolate Moderately:
Dark chocolate also contains caffeine, a mild stimulant. However, dark chocolate contains much less caffeine than coffee. A 1.5 ounce bar of dark chocolate contains 27 mg of caffeine, compared to the 200 mg found in an eight ounce cup of coffee.
Hence eating in moderation is the key. Ideally one can have dark chocolate thrice a week. (except for diabetics).
So indulge yourself in moderation without feeling guilty and enjoy a piece of dark chocolate!
Email Manali at [email protected] to schedule a first free 30 minutes session to help you create balance in your lifestyle.
Manali is a Certified Lifestyle Coach with over 20 years of work experience and has helped many people establish the mind and body connection and balance in their lives.